My Learning Progress

These past few weeks I have spent quite a bit of time organizing my resources. This task has been something I was putting off so this goal has really helped me both organize my documents and better understand the resources I have at my disposal. My focus recently has been finalizing the categories I am sorting my resources into as a want to make sure I can easily find my documents and that my computer is easy to navigate. I have sorted all the documents I currently have but this is going to be an ongoing process as we are having presentations from guest speakers throughout the semester who each give out their own collection of valuable resources. At times these resources do not fit into the categories I have created so I have to add new ones or adapt what I already have. My targets for the next few weeks are to continue sorting new resources as I receive them and finalize the categories I will sort them into. Of course I cannot predict what presenters will share but I can create heading areas that these topics will fall under such as assessment strategies, core competencies, social studies, math, etc. This will make my sorting more efficient and keep me organized when I am in practicum and trying to find ideas for my teaching.