Hi I’m Sam and I thought the best way to start this blogging journey was to explain a little bit about myself.

I am a recent graduate from UVic with a Bachelor of Elementary Education Degree and this blog has followed my journey through my degree and now on to my continuing learning as a certified teacher.  Working with children has always been a passion of mine and I am excited that with the help of this program it can become my career.  In my personal opinion there are few things as rewarding as working with children in educative settings.  I volunteered as a tutor at my school and as Brownie leader with Girl Guides of Canada all through high school where I was able to build first hand experience working with young learners.  During my grade 10 year I also got the opportunity to coach the grade 7 girls basketball team at my old elementary school.  During my time with that team I got the chance to not only be apart of the school environment in a leadership role but also work with students in a new setting I had not experienced before.

I am so excited about what my first few years in the teaching field have in store for me and the knowledge I will gain along the way.  Stay tuned to see what happens next on my Education Adventure.