My Goal

Over my nearly three years in this program, I have collected a lot of resources and spending some time organizing them is much needed. My goal here is to develop a system of organizing my resources on my computer, sort them all, and then move on to the physical resources I have collected. With my 6-week practicum approaching this April, having all my resources sorted will make my life so much easier when it comes to lesson planning and teaching. There is never enough time during practicum so not having to search through several different sections of my computer and binders of notes will be very helpful. I am hopeful that by the end of this I have a great collection of resources that are easy to navigate and will make my teaching career easier.

How this Goal Connects to Teacher Competencies

This goal connects to teacher competency number 1: Exploring your Teacher Identity and World View as well as competency number 12: Understanding the Learning Process. Curating my resources allows me to better understand the tools I have collected to help me teach in the classroom. Going through what I have collected and the lesson plans I have developed will help me shape my identity as a teacher for when I enter the classroom. Because these aspects will shape my teacher identity, it is important to me that when I begin teaching I have a strong grasp on how I want to lead my lessons in the classroom. How I lead my classroom will have a large influence on my overall practice and who I am as a teacher, which is why it is so important. For competency number 12, knowing what I have to work with and what I still need to collect will help direct my learning process as I enter my final years in this program. I need to make sure I have a well rounded collection of resources to work with when I enter schools so my next steps in my learning need to be carefully directed to make sure I have collected as much as I can. Understanding my learning process is so important because I can not understand my students process until I understand my own. How I learn will influence how I teach and how my students learn so using this goal to better understand this process will make me a better teacher.