My Learning

I am very proud of the learning I have done and what I have created through this goal. This inquiry process of learning how to deal with conflict in constructive and collaborative ways has helped me grow both as a person and an educator. When students have conflict in my future classroom I will be able to deal with in a way that allows everyone to have their voice heard and help them come to a resolution that makes all parties feel seen. I have shared this resource that outlines how to lead a conflict resolution conference with my peers in my program and also have linked it here because I feel the best way to show my learning is by reading this resource. I am confident this tool will be helpful in my future and I hope it can be helpful to others as well.

At the start of this inquiry process I connected it to two UVic teacher competencies, competency four: Understanding the Complexity of Teaching and Learning, and competency nine: Demonstrate the Understanding of Disciplinary Concepts. Through this inquiry I learned a great deal about dealing with complex situations that will arise during teaching and I now feel much more confident that I can deal with them effectively. I also am now very confident in my understanding of disciplinary conflicts and when discipline is necessary in my classroom I will be able to handle them efficiently. Now I also know how I want to deal with both conflict and discipline in my classroom and I have the tools to deal with them effectively.