This week during the first half of class we discussed the tools we can use to include students in our classes who can not be physically present whether this be to illness, injury or location.  We visited the B wing of the Clearihue Building where they have a classroom set up with cameras and screens so multiple that classrooms can connect to each other.  The cameras they have pick up on speech and zoom in on the person talking so those in other rooms can identify who is speaking.  I found this technology really fascinating and could not help but wonder about the other applications it could be used for such as for those who may have weak vision.  We also got the chance to interact with a robot which can be used to help students be present and interactive in the classroom when they can not be physically there.  I thought this robot was amazing and that it could be extremely beneficial for students whose illness or injury prevent them from being in the classroom.  Allowing children to socialize and continue their education despite possible limitations is something that I believe is very important.

During the second half of  class some of my classmates presented their EdTech projects and what they had learned.  It was cool to see what other people in the class had spent time learning about and how they were presenting their findings, especially with my presentation being next week.  It also settled my nervousness about presenting having other groups go first and getting to see their final products.